Housing Choice Voucher Program
Information for Applicants
The Town of Mamaroneck Housing Choice Voucher Program
When the waiting list is open, all applicants must meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Household income from all sources cannot be more than 50% of the median income for Westchester County based on family size. Click on the HUD web page to find the most current Income Limits.
- Search for the current year, click on the link and follow the prompts to search for New York and then Westchester County. The income limits for that year will be displayed, to help you determine if you are eligible for federal housing voucher assistance.
- Note: HUD sets the income limits for eligibility each year in March. Income is redetermined when an applicant is called off the waiting list. Eligibility to apply does not guarantee eligibility to receive a voucher.
- All applicants selected from the waiting list who are deemed eligible and issued a Voucher will be required to live in the Westchester County for a minimum of 12 months in order to be considered eligible to move outside of Westchester County.
- Proof of residency will be required, including verifiable proof of payment of rent on the leased unit, and school enrollment verification for children.
- Consideration will be given to those who request to "lease in place" as a reasonable accommodation for a documented disability that proves a relationship between their current unit and their request for an accommodation.
The Town of Mamaroneck PHA does not apply any preferences to anyone who applies to the waiting list.
For more information on the Housing Choice Voucher Program please view the HUD Housing Choice Voucher Program Fact Sheet.
For more information on how the Town of Mamaroneck PHA’s voucher program works read our Town of Mamaroneck Housing Choice Voucher Program Brochure (PDF).