Under New York State Law, there are rules and regulations which govern the operations of excavators, contractors, utilities, municipalities, and any other individuals performing site work which may include any potential digging. By law such persons are required to call the Underground Facilities Protective Organization (UFPO) at 800-962-7962. This organization, in turn, notifies all agencies (such as Con Edison or Verizon), which may have an underground facility on the site. A minimum of two working days is given to all notified agencies to clearly stake out any of their underground facilities. The "Code 753" number is a thirteen digit number issued by the UFPO organization referencing the phone call.
Street Opening / Right-of-Way Permits
The Town's right-of-way is not limited to streets, sidewalks, shoulders, etc. A Street Opening Permit is required if the activity:
- Extends beyond your property line and into the Town’s right-of-way.
- Uses heavy equipment (such as a backhoe) to cross over the Town’s right-of-way.
- May cause damage to the Town’s right-of-way.
For permits regarding Town streets or right-of-way, please read the instructions and complete the Street Opening Permit Application and Instructions (PDF).
- Construction Specifications - Catch Basin Lid Model (PDF)
- Construction Specifications - Concrete Dropped Curb Model (PDF)
- Construction Specifications - Driveways (PDF)
- Construction Specifications - Pavement Restorations (PDF)
- Construction Specifications - Pedestrian Ramp Temp Model (PDF)
- Construction Specifications - Sewers (PDF)
- Construction Specifications - Sidewalks (PDF)