Birth, Marriage, and Death Records
Certified copies of birth, death, and marriage records are available through the Town Clerk's office. The Town only maintains, records for births and deaths that occurred within the Town of Mamaroneck. Marriage records re maintained by the municipality form which the marriage license was issued (this may, in some instances, differ from the municipality in which you were married).
Note, all records (regardless of municipality) are maintained by New York State. Certified copies of those records are available through the NYS Health Department
Step 1. Select the Appropriate Application
- Request for Birth Certificate (PDF) - Issued to the person named if 18 or older, parents of the person named, or their lawful representative.
- Request for Marriage Certificate (PDF) - Issued to the bride or groom, or their lawful representative.
- Request for Death Record (PDF) - Issued to current spouse, parent, child, sibling of the deceased, or their lawful representative.
Step 2. Mail Completed and Signed Application
Mail your application with the following materials:
- Proof of identification - a copy of your driver license, state issued non-driver photo ID, passport, or U.S. Military issued photo id
- Your documentation must demonstrate your legal right to obtain a vital record. You may be asked for addition documentation such as a birth certificate, a marriage certificate, or legal documentation.
- Payment - $10 per each certified copy or copies requests
740 West Boston Post Road
Mamaroneck, NY 10543
Please note, all applications must be submitted by mail. Applications may not be faxed. Vital records will not be verified over the phone.