Larchmont Mamaroneck Joint Garbage Disposal Commission
740 West Boston Post Road – Mamaroneck, New York 10543
Notice of Special Garbage/Rubbish Collection
Saturday September 4, 2021
To assist those residents that suffered flood damage from Wednesday’s rainstorm, the Commission will conduct a special garbage/rubbish collection on Saturday, September 4, 2021 for residents of the unincorporated Town of Mamaroneck and Village of Larchmont. The collection will begin at 8:00am
Please follow the guidelines below to help make our collection as efficient as possible:
- All material set out for collection must be at the curb.
- Do not set out small loose items at the curb. All garbage must be in garbage bags or in garbage cans
- Mattresses must be wrapped or placed in mattress bags
- Carpets must be rolled and tied
- A maximum of four pieces of furniture will be collected
- Do NOT set out bulk metals or white waste (refrigerators, washing machines, hot water heaters etc). Follow normal procedures by calling either the Town or Village to schedule a Wednesday metal collection
- Do NOT set out electronics for collection- TV’s, computers etc. Electronics must be brought to the Maxwell Avenue facility
- Do NOT set out yard waste for collection. Yard waste will be collected on regular collection days (Thursday and Friday)
Should the amount of garbage set out for collection exceed the Commission’s capacity, the Commission will continue to collect garbage and waste from the storm during the week of September 7.
Stephen V. Altieri