Yard waste collection normally scheduled on Thursday and Friday is CANCELLED. The Sanitation Commission will collect yard waste in the Town and Village of Larchmont on Saturday, September 11, 2021. Please make certain that no other materials are mixed with the yard waste.
The Maxwell Avenue Recycling Center is currently only able to accept rubbish and comingled recycling drop offs at this time. They are not able to accept cardboard and paper, electronic waste, used furniture donations or yard waste until further notice. Capacity has been reached for these items.
Thank you for your understanding throughout our changing operations.
A few reminders include:
- All material set out for collection must be at the curb
- Do not set out small loose items at the curb. All garbage must be in garbage bags or in garbage cans
- Mattresses must be wrapped or placed in mattress bags
- Carpets must be no longer than 4ft in length, rolled and tied
- A maximum of four pieces of furniture will be collected
- Bulk metals or white waste (refrigerators, washing machines, hot water heaters etc) are handled by either the Town or Village Highway department's, please call to schedule a Wednesday metal collection
- Do NOT set out electronics for collection- TV’s, computers etc. Electronics must be brought to the Maxwell Avenue facility
- Separate out yard waste and hold for the time being. Yard waste collection is suspended until further notice. We will advise once it has resumed.
- Separate out construction debris (sheet rock, tile, etc.) as the Larchmont-Mamaroneck Sanitation does not typically collect these items and their collection is being evaluated