End of 2020
First and foremost, I would like to extend warm wishes to you and your families during this holiday season. I hope you were able to enjoy the holidays spending time with your families and friends under these difficult circumstances that limited social gatherings.
The Coronavirus continues to plague our community and the world around us. Please continue to take the necessary precautions to protect yourself and others as best you can to reduce the spread by wearing masks in public, social distancing and washing your hands often and thoroughly. Don’t leave home if you are feeling ill, except if you are going to get tested.
The recent development of the vaccines brings a sense of optimism and comfort that we have finally turned a corner and are now on a path to win the battle against COVID-19. It will take a lot of effort and time to administer the vaccine to most of the population, and the timing is not yet known, but thankfully, the process has begun.
Westchester County provided the following details regarding vaccine distribution procedures.
Phase One Vaccine Recipients:
- High-risk health care workers (i.e. hospital and emergency room workers, ICU staff and pulmonary department staff)
- Long-term care facility staff who interact with patients and the most at-risk long-term care facility patients
Phase Two Vaccine Recipients:
- First responders
- Teachers and school staff
- Public health workers
- Essential frontline workers that regularly interact with the public
- Individuals in the general population deemed particularly high risk due to comorbidities and health conditions
- Other long-term care facility patients and those living in congregate settings
Phase Three Vaccine Recipients:
- Individuals over 65 years of age
- Individuals under 65 years of age with high-risk comorbidities and health conditions
Phase Four Vaccine Recipients:
- All other essential workers
Phase Five Vaccine Recipients:
- Healthy adults and children
For the most current information on the vaccine, please see: www.ny.gov/vaccine