Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
Please check with the building department before starting any project to determine if permits are required, the following list is not a complete comprehensive list. Other types of projects may also require permits.
A building permit is required to:
- Erect, enlarge, remove, improve, or convert buildings or structures, such as an attached/detached garages, carports, breezeways, storage sheds, and porches
- Convert the use of a building or part of a building
- Install, relocate or remove interior partitions or walls
- Repair fire damage
- Demolish any building, including a garage
- Install a masonry chimney, metal smokestack or wood stove
- Install in ground or above ground swimming pool
- Install tennis courts
- Install antennae (dish and transmitting)
- Install exterior impervious surfaces such as driveways, patios, sidewalks, retaining walls
- Repair or replace roof
- Install fences
- Install HVACs
- Install generators
- Install new windows or doors
A plumbing permit is required to install:
- Plumbing fixtures such as sinks, bathtubs, showers, water closets, water heaters, garbage disposals
- Water lines, sanitary drainage lines or vent lines
- Hot water heaters
A plumbing permit is not required to:
- Repair existing plumbing fixtures (as long as re-piping is not required)
For details, visit the
For more information visit the Housing Choice Voucher Program page.
You can check the status of your application online once your application has been submitted. Instructions were provided when you applied. The Town of Mamaroneck cannot verify your application status over the phone.
Payment in full is due by April 30th without penalty.
Payment in full or 1st half installment is due by September 30th without penalty.
2nd half payment is due by January 31st without penalty.
No. However, email reminders will be sent to those who sign up for Comptroller/Tax Receiver information notifications by visiting the Town of Mamaroneck website.
Town & County payments can be made beginning April 1st. School taxes beginning on September 1st.
Yes- Using E-Checks –No Cost Service to Taxpayers!
Convenience fees for payments are collected in a separate transaction in accordance with fees below. In addition, New York State law mandates that the Town of Mamaroneck does not receive any portion of the convenience fee – this fee is retained by the payment processing vendors enabling the transaction. Convenience fees are also non-refundable.
VISA Debit Card (only) $3.95 flat fee per transaction
VISA Credit Card /MasterCard /Discover /American Express – 2.45% of tax bill per transaction
Photos for recreation permits are taken at the Recreation Department's office on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and on the 1st of every month from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Please click on this link to Westchester County's Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Site for information about CFLs: http://environment.westchestergov.com/facilities/h-mrf
The Town does not accept any liquids. This includes pesticides, cleaning products, and turpentine. Please click on this link to Westchester County's Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Site for more information: http://environment.westchestergov.com/facilities/h-mrf
You can dispose of automobile-related liquids, such as motor oil and gasoline, by taking them to your local service station or oil lube center.